Jennifer Lopez – Shoulder Length Curly Wet Look Hairstyle
Celebrity Hairstylist: Chris Appleton
Event: 2020 American Music Awards
Selena actress Jennifer Lopez attended the 2020 American Music Awards with a shoulder-length lightly curled wet look hairstyle styled by celebrity hairstylist Chris Appleton.
How to Create This Look at Home
Chris Appleton shared step-by-step instructions on his Instagram feed. Here’s a quick rundown for those who don’t have an Instagram account.
- Apply Color Wow – Dream Coat Curly to wet hair.
- Dry with a Leandro Limited Carbon Ioninic Hairdryer using the diffuser attachment.
- Apply Color Wow – Pop and Lock to dry hair in 2-inch sections.
- Curl hair with the Babylisspro 1.25″ Nano Titanium Curling Iron. On the lowest setting, twist through hair from roots to ends for a loose wave.
- To get the wet look, finish with Color Wow – Extra Shine Spray
[Pictured: Jennifer Lopez’s Shoulder Length Curly Wet Look Hairstyle – 2020 American Music Awards – Microsoft Theater – Los Angeles, CA – Hairstylist: Chris Appleton]
Tools & Products Used to Create This Look
- Color Wow – Dream Coat Curly, Pop and Lock, Extra Shine Spray
- Leandro Limited x Babyliss Pro – Carbon Ioninic Hairdryer, 1.25″ Nano Titanium Curling Iron
Tool & Product Brands Recommended/Used by Hairstylist
Hairstyle Length: Shoulder-length
Hair Color: Light brown
Hairstyle Category: Casual
Social Media Buzz
Positive Feedback: Jennifer Lopez’s fans gave her hairstylist plenty of praise for this look on social media. Here’s what they had to say.
- “The best wet Bob ever!”
- “Omg, how beautiful is she!”
- “She must be the go-to for trends cause everyone wants to look like JLO! That body – that face jlo- glow- she’s just stunning!”
Negative Feedback: The overwhelming majority loved this look, but not everyone shared positive feedback.
- “Her hair does not even look good for all that work.”
Additional Style Credits
Makeup: Mary Phillips
If you like this look, be sure to check out more Jennifer Lopez hairstyles below!